It has finally begun to feel like fall here in around Music City. Are you ready to begin checking off your Fall Fun List? Here are some of the places around town that are hot spots for Nashville fall fun.
Pumpkin Picking – Farm Fun
Lucky Ladd Farms – This is one of the more popular farms to head to any time of the year. For the fall the offer a pumpkin patch and corn maze. They also have a large playground with slides of all sizes, a petting zoo, tons of fun. They are located at 4374 Rocky Glade Rd., Eagleville, TN.
Walden Farm – This is a smaller farm than Lucky Ladd, but it is not lacking any of the fall fun. Here you can pick a pumpkin, enjoy a hayride, try all sorts of fall treats, get your fall gourds. Walden Farm can be found at 8653 Rocky Fork Rd. Smyrna, TN. They are closed on Wednesday.
Honeysuckle Hill Farm – Honeysuckle Hill Farm gives you the Country Music Corn Maze, pumpkin patch, and Saturday nights there is a pumpkin light show. For your pumpkin picking you can pick a pre-picked one or head out and pick one from the vines. You will get to enjoy farm animals, pig races, and tons of great food. Read Rachel’s blog about Honeysuckle Hill Farm. You can find this fun at 1765 Martins Chapel Church Road, Springfield, TN.
Gentry’s Farm – Gentry’s Farm is another popular weekend destination in the fall. They offer a corn maze, tractor playground, tire swings, games, farm animals, and a wagon ride. Gentry’s Farm can be found at 1974 Highway 96 West, Franklin, TN.
Maybe picking pumpkins are not your thing? We have a few apple orchards nearby. A couple offer the chance for you to pick apples of your own.
Shade Tree Orchard – Head out a see if you can find some apples left on the trees or head into the store and get apples, apple cider, and other fresh treats. Located at 2087 Kinneys Rd., Adams, TN 37010
Jackson’s Orchard – This one is located a little way outside of Nashville in Bowling Green, KY but you can get your hands on a large variety of fresh picked apples and enjoy a fun filled family day. They also offer pumpkins, Barlett Pears, and a lot of varieties of fresh picked fruits and vegetables. 1280 Slim Island Rd., Bowling Green, KY 42101.
A few more farms that offer apples but do not have a website are:
- Fruity Patch Farm: 2794 Brown Hollow Rd, Colombia, TN 38401
- Morning Glory Orchard: 7690 Nolensville Rd., Nolensville, TN 37135
- And check out Pick Tennessee Products for other pick your own farms.
At Home Fall Bucket List
Here are some of the fun items we check off at home.
- Leaf Jumping – this one is not yet ready at our house but get those rakes out an make the piles to jump into some leaves.
- Decorate for Halloween or Fall – We do Halloween at our house and we have these decorations out already.
- Plan a fall themed movie or dinner night. Make chili, have caramel apples (maybe with the ones you picked at the orchard), simmer some cinnamon sticks or light some fall scented candles, enjoy “Hocus Pocus” or “Curious George’s Halloween” or even better my family’s favorite “Nightmare before Christmas”.
I hope you have fun kicking off Fall. Now I am going to curl up with some hot apple cider, diffuse some cinnamon, pretend it is chilly out, and watch some “Nightmare before Christmas” with the blankets on.
Happy Fall Y’all!